Transfer students from other institutions of higher learning must have passed 18 college-level credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00 and shall submit a portfolio of their work or take the Admissions Seminar to prepare a portfolio.
Transfer students from other institutions of higher learning must have passed 18 college-level credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00 and shall submit a portfolio of their work or take the Admissions Seminar to prepare a portfolio. (A maximum of 60 credits will be validated.) For purposes of validating credits, the student shall provide a copy of the catalogue from the institution of origin. Transfer students shall also submit the following documentation:
- Letter of recommendation from the Dean of Students of the institution of origin if the student does not have a degree.
- Official grade transcript from the institution of origin.
- Vaccination Certificate, if the student is under the age of 21.
- Money Order or certified check addresed to Escuela de Artes Plásticas for $25.00.
- Evidence of payment for Seminar or admission portfolio.
Applications for admission by transfer shall be filed by the deadlines set in the academic calendar for the year.
Admitted students may not enroll until the Escuela has received all of the documents required by the Office de Admissions.
Foreign students, whether new or transfer students, shall also:
From August 2001 and before the beginning of classes, it is a requirement for new students, to take the immersion seminar, which include EG 001 Introduction to university life. The Student immersion Seminar does not accumulate credits.
The Escuela admits students in any of the three Terms. All students must take the Security in the Workshops Seminar before beginning their studies.
- Send a copy of their high school or college academic records, in the original language with an English or Spanish translation, if the original is in another language, duly certified as an official copy by the institution of origin and validated by the Department of Education of the country of origin and the United States Consulate.
- Submit a copy of the catalogue of the institution of origin.
- Submit evidence of titles or diplomas received.
- Show evidence of financial resources for studying in Puerto Rico.
- If the institution of origin is a private institution, submit an official certification that the institution is a recognized institution in the country of origin.
- Obtain approval of form I-20 from the United States immigration authorities through SEVIS (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Provide homologation of courses from a duly certified body, if the institution of origin does not use the United States system.
All documents that are submitted become the property of the Escuela de Artes Plásticas. No student who applies after the deadline or fails to fulfill any other admissions standard or requirement will be admitted to the bachelor's degree program.
New students will begin studies only in the first term o f the Academic year. Transfer students or readmission students may begin in any Term of the year.