The print is a two-dimensional form of artistic expression, involving a multiple edition of an image.
Minor in Printmaking
The print is a two-dimensional form of artistic expression, involving a multiple edition of an image. Printmaking includes traditional as well as contemporary techniques such as relief printmaking, intaglio, lithography, collograph, silk screen, photography and photographic derivatives. The Printmaking Department is committed to excellence in teaching and with the substitution of toxic materials for methods that are harmless to people and the environment. It encourages the creation of images whose design and visual and technical versatility enrich the tradition of Puerto Rican graphic arts.
The Minor concentration in Printmaking is designed to develop the student's knowledge and skill in the field of graphics..
Course Descriptions (PDF)
Course Sequence (PDF)
At the end of this degree the student will be prepared to:
- Be able to work with the principal techniques of Printmaking.
- Have knowledge of the historic development of printmaking.
- Be able to analyze the concepts that inspire printmaking and the social and aesthetic conscience that informs it.
- Be able to work as illustrators, printers, creators of books, designers and printers of posters.
- Use non-toxic methods in their professional practice.
- Pursue graduate study in this specialty.