Painting is one of the principal means of expression of visual arts. The Painting Program ranges from traditional to experimental and interdisciplinary manifestations.
Painting is one of the principal means of expression of visual arts. The Painting Program ranges from traditional to experimental and interdisciplinary manifestations. The basic two-year drawing and design foundation courses for all concentrations are part of the Painting Department.
The Painting Department is committed to educating students in the mastery of the techniques and general principles of painting. Students are also trained in critical thinking and are provided with the technical and conceptual tools essential for developing their plastic individuality.
Course Description (PDF)
Course Sequence (PDF)
On completing the course of study, students will be able to:
- Use traditional techniques and media as well as experimental approaches in pictorial creation.
- Master the techniques of painting and know the historical development and general foundations of Painting.
- Develop their plastic individuality.
- Have a critical, analytical and constructive attitude towards his/her artistic and professional practice and the social responsibility it entails.
- Pursue graduate studies in their field of specialization.